Hello! Welcome to Emerging Health! Emerging Health is a California Non-Profit that was started by Daniel J. Croteau, C.E.O. Dan started Emerging Health to help mental health consumers. Our main goal is help fight stigma and discrimination against mental health consumers.
Emerging Health is Unique Because:
- We believe everyone is entitled to a happy, healthy life after a mental health diagnosis.
- We are a Wellness & Recovery philosophy.
- We understand the healing nature of laughter and humor
- We have witnessed the transformation and healing nature of humor in one’s life.
- We serve the most vulnerable and under-served in society; diagnosed with a mental health condition.
Programs that endeavor to serve people who have been diagnosed with a mental illness often overlook the importance of humor and the ultimate happiness felt in laughter. In the darkest of times, it can seem laughing is unthinkable. When introduced it can be an instant relief from feeling sad and anxious.
- Have you ever had a sad moment?
- Do you or someone you know have a mental health diagnosis?
- Would you like to support us in the challenge to eliminate stigma and discrimination from the lives of consumers?
- Please help support Emerging Health and the Humorologist in our pursuit to bring humor and laughter to the mental health community.
Emerging Health Mission Statement
Emerging Health will serve Fresno County adults of all ages coping with a mental health diagnosis. The core values of Emerging Health are in the empowerment of the human spirit, through natural and wholesome modalities. Humor, laughter and other art forms that promote the natural quality of life all persons deserve.